Friday, October 2, 2009

this has been such a crazy week, but after lots of stress and running around we finally have a very nice apartment in Malaga. Finding apartments was crazy we literally walked around looking for " se alquila" signs and calling to ask how many rooms there were etc. After having lots of failed attempts we decided to go through a realator, and althought it was pricey it was worth it. We ended up finding a nice three bedroom apt ( me Jacqui and a girl Kristen) with pretty equal rooms, two bathrooms, a nice living room and kitchen. We literally have seating for 21 people. Our land lords are super nice, they went out and bought us new bedding, pans, cups, couch covers, and much more.

I had my first day of school yesterday and it went very well. The director of the school Inma showed me around and introduced me to all the teachers and kiddos. I am also working with British woman who has lived in Spain for a few years with her husband and daughter. I am going to be working with the first, second and third graders who are super cute.

I am starting to get to know Malaga pretty well, it is very different than sevilla. It is much more of an industrial city and less pretty but it is also nice and I am sure we will learn to love it. I am glad that I get to go teach in a quiet town and can take a nice walk on the medditerranean right after I get out of school.

Yesterday we took a very long bus trip to IKEA to get some houes necessities and decorations, it went pretty well minus I broke my french press on the way home :( I also had a bad experience today with my laundry, I somehow dyed all my white clothes blue...oops, at least its not an ugly blue.

I am meeting my friend Kerrie at five at the bus station, she wil lbe here for four days and I am super excited! We are going to make dinner tonight with some kiddos then go out for our first real outing in Malaga! OLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment