Sunday, October 18, 2009

gypsy market

So this morning ( despite going to bed at 3 am) all of the roomates and some other amigos woke up at 8 to go to the gypsy market. Every city has one of these and they are just outrageous and so much fun; you can get just about anything you want there. When I was in Sevilla a few years ago I would go almost every week to buy amazing olives, really cheap fresh fruit and lots of scarves and jewlery. Today for two euros I got two new pairs of earrings and sun glasses which was a pretty good deal not to mention a ridiculous amount of fruits and veggies ( which we bought out of gypsy peoples trunks, don't worry we washed them well). We literally bought 20 avacados for four euros, about 15 tomatoes for two euro, not to mention the cucumbers, mangos, pumpkins ( just for decoration) and much more.

After the market I had a nice little siesta and woke up to a lovely surprise from my roomates, they bought a huge bob marley poster that said " bob smile," can't wait to see that everyday haha.

Today was overall amazing, I went to the beach for a while where we hung out with our new British and Australian friends. Had some chocolate and churros, for the first time ever, and attempted to make a curry meal with our fresh curry from the market. We kinda failed and it felt like we were doing a science experiement in our kitchen but clearly we still ate it.

I have been cooking a lot in Spain since I have a lot more free time, I have almost perfected the tortilla espanola which is pretty exciting.

Oh last funny note, Ashley and I can now proudly say we have given into the Spanish tradition of dumpster diving. Everyday we watch people from our balcony go through the trash, they come fully prepared with equipment in hand to take away any treasure they may find; our experience wasn't that extreme but I did climb almost into a dumpster haha. We were walkin a back road and found a dumpster full of shards of really pretty tiles that they must have had left from destroying a building and we got out some really pretty pieces ( don't worry we didn't actually climb in, and I did shower after - even though we still don't ahve hot water)

on that note time to watch some tele and go to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment